Enrollment Boundaries & Map
New Student Enrollment Packets: Complete this packet and bring it to your child's school, along with a certified birth certificate; record of current immunizations or immunization exemption; and proof of residency.
English Packet Spanish Packet Note: These packets are not accessible. Please call our office at 208-365-6301 if you need assistance.
We have five in-person elementary schools:
- Butte View Elementary (grades K-4th grade - will expand a grade annually)
- Carberry Elementary
- Shadow Butte Elementary
- Ola Elementary
- Sweet-Montour Elementary
- Please use our Google Map to view the elementary zone in which you reside.
- Enter your home address in the map search bar. See helpful graphic below.
- If you have questions about your zone, please contact the Student Transportation Department at 208-365-3207.
Are they Kinder Ready?
There are also steps you can take to make sure your youngster is ready for kindergarten this fall by making sure they can do the following:
- Recognize and name basic shapes: square, circle, triangle, & rectangle
- Recognize and name numbers 1-10
- Count to 20
- Count 10 objects, pointing to each object as I count aloud
- Say and/or sing the alphabet
- Recognize letters from the alphabet; uppercase & lowercase
- Identify sounds for some of the letters
- Identify the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, black, and white
- Recognize and write my first name
- Sort items by size, color, and/or shape
- Hold a book right side up and turn the pages
- Tell if two words rhyme
- Listen to a story
- Put on my coat & zip it up
- Tie my shoes
- Take turns in line, stand in line
- Sit quietly & listen
- Follow simple directions
- Use the bathroom by myself (including zipping & buttoning pants)
- Put on my backpack
- Hold a pencil or crayon and draw
- Cut with scissors
- Put things away
- Hang items on a hook
- Wash my hands with soap and water
- Use a tissue to wipe my nose, cough into my elbow
- Drink from a drinking fountain
- Raise my hand and wait to be called on
- Eat lunch independently (including opening any food containers in my lunch)
- Tell my last name when asked
- Say my parents’ full names and one of their phone numbers
New Student Registration
Our schools are open in August and will be ready to help you with registration information for your new student.For your new students, you will need the following:
If the student is transferring from another school district, please provide the contact information of the school from which you are withdrawing.Prospective kindergarteners must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of the school year in which the child enrolls.
- Certified birth certificate
- Record of current immunizations or immunization exemption
- Proof of residency
- Completed enrollment form