Applications will be accepted through June 30; lottery drawing will determine which students are selected
The Emmett School District has opened registration for the 2022-2023 school year preschool program. The deadline to submit applications is June 30.
On or about July 1, 36 students – 18 for the morning session and 18 for the afternoon session will be selected in a lottery drawing and parents will be notified after July 4th.
Little Huskies Preschool enrollment packets can be picked up at the District Office, 119 N. Wardwell Ave., or you may email email@example.com. You may also download them here:
Preschool Program Director Shannon Anderson asks parents to register only if their child meets at least one of the following situations:
- The student is currently on the waiting list for Head Start.
- The student did not qualify for Emmett School District developmental preschool services.
- The student qualifies for services under the McKinney-Vento Act (see paperwork included in the registration packet for details.)
- The student is currently on the waiting list for another preschool, or the student is not enrolled elsewhere.
- The student lives in the household of an immediate family member who is an employee of Emmett School District.
The following information may provide answers to questions regarding Little Huskies Preschool:
- Little Huskies Preschool is free of charge.
- A total of 36 students will attend the preschool four days/week. There will be morning and afternoon sessions of 18 students each.
- The preschool will be held at the Butte View Complex.
- Students must be potty trained to attend Little Huskies Preschool.
- Students who will attend Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 session will be enrolled first.
- A lottery drawing for the preschool will be held each year on or about July 1. Families will be notified of their enrollment position after the July 4th holiday.
- You may email the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Emmett School District office at 208-365-6301 if you have any questions.
- If your student is a Little Huskies Preschool lottery pick for the 2022-2023 school year, you must confirm that you are still interested in attending the preschool no later than August 1, 2022. To confirm your spot, please email email@example.com with the words PRESCHOOL CONFIRMATION in the subject line. Include your child’s name in the body of the email. You may also call 208-365-6301 and leave a message with your child’s name.
- If your spot is not confirmed on or before August 1, 2022, your student will be placed at the bottom of the waiting list and you may lose your position.
- The preschool will officially start classes in October 2022. An open house for parents of those children who are officially enrolled will be held in August.
- If you are on the Little Huskies waiting list: Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified when there is space available for your student.
21CCLC Grant Director/
Preschool Program Director
Little Huskies Preschool is made possible through the following grant funds in partnership with Emmett School District:
- The Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Center grant (21CCLC)
- Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children (ID AEYC)