A school bus driver is a person who smiles in the morning and smiles in the afternoon and eats Rolaids in between.A school bus driver gets there when nobody else can, finds houses that don’t exist and children with no names.School bus drivers have eyes in the back of their heads and hear every word, even in sign language.School bus drivers are immune to noise.A school bus driver’s favorite words (besides “good morning” and “good night”) are “sit down.”Sometimes a bus driver gets tired, but seldom gets mad, and always, most faithfully gets there.And, last but not least, a bus driver carries our most precious cargo daily, 10 months out of the year.Help us keep that cargo safe by obeying the stop arm and using caution around buses and children.
The Emmett School District Transportation Department staff members work together to provide safe and reliable transportation for students who qualify for busing within the Gem County boundaries to and from school, and to many school activities.
- If you have a student(s) who needs busing, please call the Bus Shop at 365-3207 to learn approximate pickup and drop off times, the bus number and where to have your student stand to wait for the bus.
- Please keep in mind that all pickup and drop off times are approximate and may fluctuate the first couple of weeks when school resumes. Most pickup and drop off times should be settled in after those initial first weeks.
- Remember your student should be out waiting for the bus 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
For more infomation:
- Transportation Supervisor: Shauna Davis ext# 1802 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary/Dispatcher: Brandy Howell ext# 1801 email@example.com
- Technician: Steven Newcomer ext# 1803 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technician: Aaron Mitts ext# 1803 email@example.com