Want to run for School Board?
The Emmett School District is governed by a Board of Trustees whose members are elected by the community and serve by volunteering their time. The District is a specially chartered school district that was established before Idaho became a state. Under the provisions of the District’s charter, there are no trustee zones. All six (6) board members are elected in a countywide election and may live anywhere within the Emmett School District.
Board Elections are held in November with the new board member(s) taking seat in January. Board terms are four years on a staggered basis. A Board Member must be:
- Individuals need to be eighteen (18) years old,
- A United States citizen, and
- A resident of the Emmett School District for at least 30 days.
- Idaho Code 33‐507 (3) states, “No spouse of any trustee may be employed by a school district with a fall student enrollment population of greater than one thousand two hundred (1,200) in the prior school year.”
To be included on the November 2 ballot:
- The prospective Board Member will complete the Candidate Filing Packet-PDF, which includes a petition for candidacy and a declaration of candidacy.
- Candidates must go the County Elections Department to have petition (at least 5) certified. This can't be done after the filing deadline. The county provides a certification page that must be included in the candidate packet.
- Packets are due to the District Clerk Angela Mattingly at 119 N. Wardwell Avenue, Emmett, by 5 pm Friday, September 3.
- Contact District Clerk Angela Mattingly at 208-365-6301 for more information.