School Board Trustee Election Information
The Emmett School District is governed by a Board of Trustees whose members are elected by the community and serve by volunteering their time. The District is a specially chartered school district that was established before Idaho became a state. Under the provisions of the District’s charter, there are no trustee zones. All six (6) board members are elected in a countywide election and may live anywhere within the Emmett School District.
Board Elections are held in November with the new board member(s) taking seat in January. Board terms are four years on a staggered basis. A Board Member must be
- Individuals need to be eighteen (18) years old,
- A United States citizen, and
- A resident of the Emmett School District for at least 30 days.
- Idaho Code 33‐507 (3) states, “No spouse of any trustee may be employed by a school district with a fall student enrollment population of greater than one thousand two hundred (1,200) in the prior school year.”
To be included on a ballot, the prospective Board Member will complete the following process (view the Candidate Filing Packet-PDF) :
- Complete a Petition of Candidacy, which includes gathering a minimum of 5 registered voter signatures
- Have the signatures verified at the County Clerks office
- Complete the Declaration of Candidacy form
- Submit the verified Petition of Candidacy and Declaration of Candidacy to the District Clerk at the Emmett School District Office by the deadline.
- The District will forward the information to the County Clerks office for preparation of ballots for the November elections.